Monday 25 January 2016

Rituals Carpe Diem Shampoo Review



Welcome to a new post!

I wasn't really sure what to talk about today, but then my the shampoo I am currently trying out fell into my hands, and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to tell you what I thought about it, as I hadn't tried it before.

The shampoo that I am talking about is the Rituals Carpe Diem Shampoo for frizzy hair. I got a small size of it in a set for my birthday, and I wasn't quite sure, wether I should try it or not. My hair has always been a little problematic, and usually it's fine for the first two washes, but after that it usually shows it's actual impact on my hair. But I ended up actually wanting to try it, so that is what I did.


Firstly, the small size comes with a normal screw, which is a bit annoying when you have got shampoo in your hand, but have to try to screw the lid back on at the same time. It contains 70 ml. The big and actual version should be around 9,50€ for 250ml of the shampoo, which actually comes in a different and round bottle.

The consistancy of the shampoo is quite thick, which is nice, because it doesn't go everywhere when you are rubbing it between your hands. I am not 100% sure about the smell though. It smells a bit to strong for me, but I am not much of a fan of the Rituals smells in general, so that is fine. I have actually smelled worse things.

I personally didn't feel any difference in my hair for about the first four washes, and was really exited to tell you all about it, as it actually felt like it also didn't feel greasy as soon as with my other shampoo. It actually made my hair feel quite nice and soft, even though I have had times when it actually was softer. It didn't made my hair go greasy that fast, as already mentioned, and my hair actually didn't go as frizzy after blow drying it, as I easily get problems with that.

But then the 5th time washing it came, which usually is the turning point, if it hasn't happend during the washes before that yet. My hair felt normal after showering, but when I blow dried it, it got completely frizzy, and after my workout it felt greasier than ever. 
The next morning when I got up, it also didn't look right either. It was completely out of place, looking flat and some streeks went greasy and it generally just looked unwashed.

I really thought I had found an alternative, if they ever discontinued my holy grail shampoo, but sadly I haven't. However I am pretty happy I actually got to try it, as I probably never would have bought it myself.

I definetely think it is worth to try the shampoo, but maybe in the smaller version, especially when you have got quite sensetive hair as I do. I guess you will have to make yourself an own opinion by trying it, as it seems to really depend on the hair structure.



I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know, wether you have tried any of the Rituals shampoos, and if so what you thought of it.

See you soon, with another blogpost. :)

Love, Jacqueline Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment