Thursday 27 July 2017

Stylish Duchess On A Budget


Welcome to a new post!

It's no secret that I have a slight (okay, maybe not so slight) obsession with a certain Duchess of Cambridge. But honestly - look at this woman - how can you not love her? I do have to say that I don't always love every single outfit that she wears, but they are more than a few that I am absolutely in love with. However, if you have ever checked to see how much any of the dresses that she wears cost, and you don't own a shit load of money, or a money growing tree, you probably know that it's useless even dreaming about getting one of her gorgeous dresses.

The idea to do a series, where I decide on a certain person and try to find pieces to recreate their looks for less money has been on my mind for a while, and I couldn't resist any longer, when I saw Catherine in that stunning red Summer dress in Berlin.
I feel like three outfits is the perfect number for a blog post like this, but if you would prefer more or less outfits in one post in future posts of this series, let me know.

Also, just as a little note, she wore all three of these outfits on her's and William's tour to Germany (and Poland), because otherwise there would have been no way I could have decided on just three outfits.

I get that not all of these are perfect replicas of the things she was actually wearing, but then again, not everywhere sells the same pieces. I tried my best to find really similar ones though. Some of them are still not very cheap, but they were the best that I could find, I hope that's alright with you.

#1 Berlin


Let's start off with my favourite outfit of all of them. This one's from Berlin. A casual but also elegant, cherry red, maxi summer dress.





#2 Heidelberg


Next up, the one from Heidelberg, which I would have nearly gone and seen live but my schedule was a bit full, and sadly Heidelberg is still over two hours away on a train from my where I live. It's such a beautiful city though. This time, Kate wore a beautiful, floral, yellow and white dress. It was hard to find anything similar, but I tried my best to find the closest "copy", as it's such a pretty dress.







#3 Hamburg


Last but not least, Kate's very basic but pretty lavender, almost midi dress. It's very bright, but somehow she makes the colour work so well.














Sooo, that's it. How do you like this type of post? Do you want to see more of it?
Is there anyone else you would like me to create a little 'on a budget' post with? I am open for any suggestions, as I really loved putting this post together.

Have a nice day ♥

Love, Jacqueline Xx

P.S. This post is not sponsored. The rights for the pictures used above go to their rightful owners! I do not claim any copyright etc. for them! The pictures above have been part of this blog post for fun and inspiration only, not to gain money.

2 comments:

  1. Loved all these options! Kate is for sure a style icon <3

    https://lionesssk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely is! :) Glad you enjoyed the post xx

      Delete