Monday 11 January 2016

New Obsession: How to Get Away with Murder



Welcome to a new post!

I definetely took my own advice in what to do during your winter break, at least in some points, so I basically started a new tv series. I hated not being able to start a new one during exam time, and now I finally took the chance to have some time for a new one.
After I caught up with all of the ones that I already watch which I didn't allow myself during exam time either, I got out my list of recommended tv series that kinda sounded interesting, so I decided to start 'How to Get Away with Murder'.
The first episode was shown at the end of 2014 in the USA so I am not that late, I guess.

I will try to make this as spoiler free as possible, but please don't kill me if there are any, because I really am quite obsessed with it. It took me less than 48 hours to watch the whole one and a half seasons that are up now - that is how obsessed I am.


The series is about Annalise Keating who is a law professor at a University and a very popular criminal defense attorney. She selects the 5 best students at the beginning of the new term to work for her at her office, which are Wes Gibbins, Connor Walsh, Michaela Pratt, Asher Millstone, and Laurel Castillo. They don't know yet that they will soon have to take what they learned in class and use it in reality. They work together with her and her assistants Frank and Bonnie. Each episode follows another case of murder which they try to help Annalise win, who does everything to be the best at her job, but during season 1 there are also two main murders that create drama in the series. The one of a student named Lila and the one of Annalise's husband Sam.

Wow that was probably the worst summary I have ever made, and you probably think it's even more boring now than you thought at the beginning. Sorry for that :D.

I am usually not the person that likes this crime stuff and series that include murders, but to be honest this has really grabbed me. There is just something about Viola Davis's way to play Annalise that makes it so interesting, and it is definetely a series that I haven't seen out there yet, because it usually is a story about students OR and story about murders and an attorney or whatever.

It is so interesting from the beginning on because not only do you get to know the characters but also you have got little flashforwards which you aren't really able to put together what they are supposed to tell you, but that is something that makes you want to see more.

If I had to decide what series you could compare it to, I don't think I could come up with one in particular. I would say though that it is kind of the 'harder' version of Pretty Little Liars maybe, just without the usual girly stuff and more...uhm..dirty stuff. But please don't cross it from your list just because you don't like Pretty Little Liars, because it is still very different!

I really wish there would be more up already of season 2 because I really need to know how the story goes on. I am so hooked and I don't even know when the next episode will be up and it is literally killing me because it is so good! Guys seriously, if you are meant to study for biology, create a presentation or draw a picture for school - DO NOT START THIS SERIES.
I am so sorry I am really getting weird right now, I think I just need some food. I better get going and leave you before I start talking about how good my favourite character of the series looks and we will drift off even more than I am already doing.

So, if you like law and crime stuff, I think this is definetely a series that you might want to check out. I would really recommend you go have a look at it, but be prepared to get hooked and stop thinking about the things you are meant to think about..like studying for example *cough*.



If you need some other recommendations for good tv series, you can check out one of my recent posts about my favourite tv series.

I feel really bad for this post to not be longer, because I feel like I could talk about it forever but I don't know what to say and write when I'm actually sitting there, so I am really sorry for that. I will try to get better.

Please give me your recommendations for some tv series because I really need some! I am currently watching 'Faking It', and I don't even know why because I don't really like it, especially since the last thing I watched was about law and tons of deaths so...yeah. Please give me all of your recommendations, I really need them!


Love, Jacqueline Xx



I do not use these pictures to gain money but for fun and inspiration. The right for these pictures goes completely to their owners, and I do not claim any copyright for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment