Sunday 4 September 2016

August Chats 2016


Welcome to a new post!

I can't believe it's September already - how the hell did that happen? :o Christmas and my 18th are only 3 months away, yet the weather doesn't seem to want to transfer to Autumn that soon - it's currently 27 degrees outside while I'm writing this. I always say I hate Autumn as it's so rainy and drowsy, yet I am way too exited for hot chocolates, fuzzy socks and big comfy sweaters 'n scarfs. But however, this one is about August. Hopefully we will have had a little Autumn the next time I'll upload this kind of post. :)


City Getaway: Berlin

Yaaas, it was finally time for our three/four day trip to Berlin in the middle of August. We went there by train, and had a really lovely time. We walked so many kilometers, I still feel like my legs hurt from it - not that they do cause that would be kind of weird I guess but still :D. We saw a lot in so little days, yet I definitely didn't see everything I wanted to see. But I guess, you've gotta go there for a whole lot longer than just a few days to see everything you want to. I really liked having some time to explore somewhere new, even if it'll never become my favourite city (London for the win wohoooo!). If you want to see the tons and tons of pictures that I took, I've got Day 1 already up for you to see HERE, including a few tips I would've found helpful when planning a trip to go to Berlin :).



Blog re-design

If you hadn't noticed yet, I redesigned my whole blog this month! I'm really exited about it, even if I am still not 100% happy with it, but I guess I'll never be. I felt like the old layout was a little to boring and very very easy. It's still very easy, as I don't really get this whole web design etc thingy yet, but it's definitely quite a step forward, making it look a little more mature and pretty. I've added few new features to the side bar for example, edited my pages etc. I did a whole blogpost about this as well, explaining a bit more about my thoughts and what's new. HERE is the link for that :)



Books I read

I read three books only this month, which I think is quite sad, but Game of Thrones is such a long series, it's taking me quite a while to read, especially as I already know a lot of what is going to happen. I finished the first book of the series just about a week ago, which I am really happy about, and I also read the new Harry Potter, which I also reviewed without spoilers HERE. Lastly I also read To Kill a Mockingbird. I liked all three, but to be honest I am getting kind of bored of GoT books right now, I'll definitely have to take a little break and read something different soon to get myself back in the reading mode. Tell me some of your recommendations, I would really like some new inspiration! :)


(Source: https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=hey+violet+brand+new+moves&view=detailv2&&id=3209EEF909007A3A
791566136FCB332131823EDB&selectedIndex=89&ccid=wl4gV0CH&simid=6080161616289
49097&thid=OIP.Mc25e2057408729c7c129dbdd1e015cd2o0)
Music Loves

Hey Violet recently released a new EP, called Brand New Moves I think. It's a little different to their last EP, but I am bloody loving the songs! Especially Brand New Moves and Fuqboi (lol) are amazing in my opinion! If you like more of a rocky toned music, try listening to their stuff, I personally think they make really good music!


Fitness & Health Update

Especially towards the second half of the month, I've been on such a fitness loving spree again. I mean I still worked out before that, but I just had had quite a few breaks as I had kind of grown a little bored. However, this month was also my last on at the gym. It was definitely a motivation to go there a bit more often to make use of all the money that I put into it. I liked it, but as of right now, I feel like it's a better choice for me to work out from home. And nearly at the end of my contract I finally went to one of their classes, doing yoga. I knew I would regret not going to them earlier, but I don't really like doing these things on my own for some reason. But now I am fully back to working out from home, and I am also quite exited for that. I've also really been loving kiwis this month for some reason. I don't even know what it is, I just felt like eating kiwis, and now I just want them all the time *crosses fingers mum bought a whole new load*. I also got a yoga mat, and I am planning on investing in a few more bits like weights etc soon. Going back to school, it's also time to get out wraps and veggies again, as I still won't be eating any meat there, so hopefully that'll go well. What's your favourite food to take with you on the go or to school? Let us know :)x

(Source: https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=quantico&view=detailv2&&id=066CD52C7CA796C6F01ECF8A253F444E00E7
D0AA&selectedIndex=16&ccid=PmtTfPnl&simid=607992612333750366&thid=OIP.M3e6b537cf9e5953
373cc7c00ad81851co1)
TV Series Newbies

Recently German tv has been showing a series called Quantico every Wednesday, which I've been loving. I love this kind of crime solving stuff that doesn't include worms crawling out of bodies etc. It's bascially about Alex and a whole group of FBI trainees. She gets blamed for blowing up something huge, making it the second 9/11 and is trying to prevent new bombs going up and finding out who the hell is doing this and why they are blaming it on her. It changes from her trainee time to the time of her being a victim throughout the whole series. It's a really nice storyline, so if you like that kind of stuff, deffo give it a goo! :)



Back To School

Yeah, I guess I can't just leave that part of the month out, as much as I would like to. Holidays went by so fast, and we're already going back into our second week of school. To be honest, I was slightly exited to meet some new people as we were put into new courses, depending on our advanced courses. There are some really lovely people in it, but I still haven't had a chat to everyone yet. I sadly had to give up Chemistry, even though that deffo wasn't the plan. I love Chemistry, even if you might think that's crazy, but I just think it's quite interesting. I guess I'll just read myself into the stuff that I want to learn about, so it'll be alright. :) Not that exited for staying at school from 8 till 6 once a week either - y - a -y :D. But on a more happier note - I've now got 5 lessons of English each week yaaaaas.


18th planning

My parents are already trying to make me plan my birthday even though it's still like over three months away, but literally all I'm doing is browsing Pinterest all day and looking for decoration. I'm way too exited about decorating the place than the actual party. I'm going to do a little more in depth blogpost about it as soon as we're closer to the day I think, when I got some stuff planned etc. :) At least that's what I've got planned so far. Trips to all of the decoration shops are already planned out, and I CANNOT WAIT! What would your most perfect birthday party look like? :)


Driving Lessons

Ew, still going. But it's soon hopefully going to be over if everything goes well when I have my driving test going on, and I am soooo exited for that. Driving lessons are starting to really annoy me, as I just want to drive where I want to drive to and not have to worry about a freaking test. I'm so exited to get that freaking license, I am so desperate that I am also so freaking scared I'm going to fail first time. I really need to believe more in myself, but whatever - I should get it at some point in the next two months hopefully. How do you or did you like your driving lessons?



Writing Research 'n Plotting

I'm not quite sure whether I had mentioned that I am currently working on a new writing project, that I recently had an idea for. I've not been coming that far, but I've been doing some plotting and doing research over the past few weeks, also trying to find out what the protagonist's character is like and writing a few first scenes from the first few chapters I think. It's not going as well as I would like to, but I'm still quite exited about it, as I feel like it could become a really really good story if I make it work. If you write yourself, what's your favourite way to find more inspiration for the plot etc? I really want to know :)x


Youtube Loves

Apart from my usual YouTube favourites, I really had a love for two other channels this month, which I've been enjoying quite a lot. The first one are Carlos and Alexa PenaVega. You will probably know Carlos from Big Time Rush if you are at some point around my age. He and his pregnant wife are currently vlogging quite a lot, like a hell of a lot. It's really nice to see what they get up to, as they are not the usual job youtubers or however you might want to describe that. Another one, are the Michalaks. I might have talked about them before, but they are like my favourite thing ever, especially when I want to relax or I need to calm down before I start a driving lesson. Their vlogs are so well made, so much work and thought put into them, and SO FREAKING RELAXING. I really love how they are so different to anyone else's vlogs, and I just absolutely love their style of videos. You need to check them out, especially if you love a good filmed shot or lovely photography!



How was your August? What did you do? Did you go anywhere nice? What was your most favourite and least favourite moment of it? Sorry for all the questions, I just love asking some haha :). Let's hope there'll be a big blogpost writing motivation going on soon so you'll have a lot more posts going up before exam season starts again ;)

Have an amazing week ♥


Love, Jacqueline Xx




P.S. I do not claim any copyright for the pictures that I don't own. All rights go to their owners. I do not use these pictures to gain money, I use them purely for fun and inspiration!)

No comments:

Post a Comment