Thursday 18 August 2016

TRAVEL DIARIES: Exploring Berlin by Foot


Welcome to a new post!

As a few of you might remember from my JULY CHATS post, me and my family booked a trip to Berlin for the middle of August. We went there by train, from Wednesday to Saturday, to enjoy a little time off and explore somewhere new as a family. As I love photography and keeping memories, I took a whole bloody load of pictures, already having in mind whilst taking pictures that I would probably write a blogpost about my time there.

With this post I am going to start a little series, where I talk and show you through all I did when I was away, including a few tips that I would've found helpful before going there as well. I love writing down what I did on holiday, so this is going to be a little travel diary.

As I took so many pictures, I decided to split this up into 3 posts, instead of having to cut it down so badly. I edited quite a few pictures, but also left quite a few in their original state, as I wanted a nice mix of both and some pictures definitely needed a little highlighting due to the weather. Today you are going to see everything from the day that we went up there, so here's to day 1! :)

We stayed at the InterCity Hotel at the main train station of Berlin, meaning we were pretty central, and I can really recommend if you are on a budget but still want a really nice hotel. The breakfast was a little fruit-less, but absolutely damn good! You can reach a lot of the government stuff and some sights by foot really easily as they are kinda close. HERE's a link to the hotel, if you want to have a better look at it.
My Travel Outfit:

Denim Jacket: ONLY
Top: H&M
Trousers: H&M (currently available!)
Shoes: Converse
Clock: New Look
I've had food at Peter Pane's once upon a time name Hans im Glück quite a few times before, and they do the best burgers and sweet potato fries ever! I got my parents to go to Peter Pane for our first lunch after we arrived, and they were so bloody happy with it, that we went twice - and let me tell you that stuff like this usually never happens. This time I had a noon menu including a burger and I chose salad instead of fries. There's also a hot drink included. If you want really nice food for not a lot of money, whether you eat meat, you are vegeterian or vegan, you will find something to eat. They've got a whole lot of stuff, and I wish there was one close to where I live, but that probably wouldn't do that well on me trying to eat healthyisch. HERE is the link to the website, so you can check it out if you are going to Germany. They've got quite a few restaurants, and their partner once upon a time HANS IM GLÜCK pretty much sells the same stuff, if you ever get anywhere near one.

After an amazing lunch, it was time to finally explore the area around the hotel!

Bundeskanzleramt (Federal Chancellery)
Reichstag
Brandenburger Tor (Brandenburg Gate)
Hotel Adlon
Siegessäule
British Embassy
Bag: River Island
Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche (Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church)
KaDeWe - Kaufhaus des Westens

Well, that was day 1 in Berlin, starting to walk kilometers over kilometers, starting our  power program till Saturday. I hope you enjoyed this post. The next few ones will include a few more tips on what to do and see, so get ready for that, if you'd like to hear and see more about my trip. :)

Have you ever been to Berlin? If so, how did you like it? Have you visited anywhere else in Germany? What's on top of your travel bucket list? Let's share and talk :)

Have a great day ♥


Love, Jacqueline Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment