Friday 5 February 2016

MAC & Revlon Haul



Welcome to a new post!

I recently went online and used my vouchers for a German make-up store, that I got for Christmas and my birthday, and ordered a few new things. I really wanted to invest in a few new things instead of buying tons of really cheap stuff that I am not entirely happy with. 

I orginially had also ordered some skincare bits as well, but it really is important to look at the size of the bottle that you are buying, guys. Anything can sound kinda cheap, but then a tiny tiny bottle might arrive if you forgot to check how much there is supposed to be in it. :D Let me tell you, I know what I am talking about. :D

 Here's a quick overview over the things that I bought.


I literally went mad when only the insert of the MAC palette arrived, because I had no idea that you had to order the insert AND the proper palette, which is quite annoying. I still ended up ordering the actual palette then, because I had wanted this palette for ages. It is just so pretty, even if it's literally just a piece of plastic for 26€. The price is ridiculous, but to be honest I will treasure this and probably won't buy another one for quite a while, as it actually is quite a pricey thing, especially for someone my age.

I want this palette to only consist of loads of colours that I will actually use and love a lot, so basically - tons of browns and golden shimmery colours, so when I have filled this palette it will be this desert-island-palette kind of thing. 
To start that off I ordered two eyeshadows, both colours that I will get a lot of use out of. I chose the shades 'Handwritten', as well as 'All that glitters'
'Handwritten' is a really nice warm brown, which actually the exact colour that I was looking for, as I like wearing this kinda colour in the crease and corner of my eye.
'All that glitters' is really hyped, so I guess I won't have to tell you much about it, but it's basically just a really nice golden, apricot shimmery shade, perfect for the whole lid.


 Ever since I saw Lily Pebbles talking about the MAC lipstick in 'Syrup' I have been interested in this shade. It is the prettiest shade ever. A really nice neutral tone, that isn't too unnoticeable. I would describe it as an old kind of pinkish tone with a really nice brown undertone, which gives it this really nice and unique in between shade. If you are looking for something natural but a bit more noticeable, have a look at this one, you might fall in love with it as well.


They are finally selling some Revlon bits in German online shops which I am really happy about, as I didn't end up buying anything when I went to London.
I ended up going for the Lacquer Lip Balm in the shade 105, which I thought would be a  really nice natural rosy tone, but when it came, actually looked more peachy toned. It contains quite a lot of glitter, which I am not really a big fan of, and I don't think it's very moisturizing either, but I do still like it.


This is a sample of the Strictly Jil Sander Shampoo, which I actually got for ordering so much stuff lol. I did expect something else, but I always enjoy trying new shampoos, so we'll see how I get on with it.


And last but not least the samples that I picked with both orders, which I am really happy about, even if the shade of the foundation won't match me. :D



Thank you for reading this post, and my other blogposts. I am really thankful for all of it. :)
Let me know if there is anything in particular that you want me to talk about, or think I should check out. Recommendations are always appreciated. :)


Love, Jacqueline Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment