Monday 9 November 2015

The Global Goals & Tanya Burr

Welcome to a new post!

I'm a huge lover of Tanya Burr's videos and blogposts, and I guess you all know who she is. I honestly think she is one of the nicest and most inspiring people that I've come across. That is why I am doing this blogpost today.

Tanya Burr now is the ambassador for The Global Goals campaign.
You may wonder what that is, so let me explain.

The World Leaders have commited to 17 Global Goals to achieve 3 extraordinary things until 2030. They want to end extreme poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and also fix climate change. To not let the World Leaders forget about what they promised, we need to spread the world, and help share these goals.


Tanya posted this amazing video explaining the whole campaign on her youtube, so make sure to have a look at that if you are interested, and want to find out more.

How can you help?

First thing I would recommend you doing is taking your Global Goals selfie, including the goal out of the 17 goals listed below which you support the most. Share this on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc., including the official hashtag #TBGlobal Goals.
You could also record and upload a video, which will then be put into a big video with everyone else taking part.



There's also an app which you can download to find out more and also find more ways to share the campaign with even more people!
As soon as you've done that, tell everyone you know about the campaign, and keep help sharing the world.
Do everything you can to share these goals, because we could actually help change the world. This is not just any campaign that MIGHT work, this WILL work, but only if we help Tanya and the people from The Global Goals.

 Here are the 17 goals:


I have decided that I support goal number 16 the most, which is peace and justice. I had a hard time deciding of which one I would take the selfie, because I find all 17 goals very important! But since the refugee crisis is a very big deal in Germany right now, I've heard a lot of things about how they are treated and why the are leaving their homes, and I also really really hate unfair decisions and war (who loves these, let's be honest), I decided to go for number 16. Here is my example for a Global Goal Selfie. 


Make sure to take yours too, and tell everyone about the Global Goals!

One last quote, to end this post:

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Unknown


Love, Jacqueline Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment