Monday 4 July 2016

Baking With Tanya


Welcome to a new post!

I've been waiting to do this post for months, and now is finally the time that I have got Tanya Burr's new book in my hands and I am able to flick through it, talk about it and bake bake bake bake and...bake!

If you don't know what the hell I am talking about, you are missing out! Tanya Burr is a youtuber, blogger, etc and she has recently published her 2nd book. Her first one called 'Love, Tanya' included various different categories, such as life stuff, make-up and hair bits and baking. Her second one called 'Tanya Bakes', came out last week, and as the name already says is all about baking. I already loved trying the recipes from her first book, so I immediatley knew that I needed to get this.

If you like baking and good food, you better keep reading because this might be your new favourite book! I cannot even tell you how proud I am of Tanya, because she has truly done an amazing job with this book, just like she did with the first one! I tried two recipes already, so get ready for pictures and a little review! :)


To start off - can we please talk about this cover???!!!! I literally think it's one of the prettiest ones I've ever seen, I'm absolutely in love with it. This is definitely something that I'll have to put on display in my room, because I can't make that beauty be unseen.

Let's talk about the book in general. The book is available as a hardcover, as well as an e-book. The hardcover version is currently only £8.49! So get that thing quickly if you want to pay only little money.

As the usual cooking/baking book it contains pretty pictures with each recipe, which are all sorted into different categories. It starts with a little introduction by Tan obviously, and then it's time to finally dig into the categories Cookies & Biscuits - Muffins, Cupcakes & Traybakes - Cakes & Loaves - Puddings - Pastry - Bread - Brunch - Special Occasions. As you might be able to tell, there is something for everyone and every occasion inside.

Now I am very picky with the type of cakes that I eat, which is why I was really surprised about how many things I wanted to try! I literally thought I wasn't going to like half of the recipes, but you don't want to see how many post-its are in there right now - it's ridiculous. This is a baking book for literally everyone, and not just the people that basically eat whatever you put in front of them! There's fruity bits, 'dry' bits, veeery chocolaty bits and very easy recipes as well.

Cheesecake & Dark Chocolate Cupcakes

White Chocolate & Nutella Pinwheel Biscuits

Salted Caramel Cheesecake

Strawberry Tarts

Birthday Cake

These are a few of my favourite bits. I literally cannot wait to try those Cheesecake & Dark Chocolate cupcakes. I repeat - CHEESECAKE AND DARK CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES! Sorry if you don't think that sounds nice at all, but I am so obsessed with both dark chocolate and cheesecake omg, I need them in my life! I'll let you know how they went!

Here are some impressions from my first, and very spontanous, Saturday morning baking session, baking Mary Berry's Chocolate Fork Biscuits. I personally really like them, though my parents don't because they think they don't taste of anything? I actually think they taste like brownies, which I find really nice! Though I would say that there definitely is a need of milk, because I literally had a dry mixture without it haha. And they taste best when they are still a little warm, so try that if you want to make them!


We also had the Crepes this morning in school, because we decided to end French class with it, since they are the last few hours of French most of us have left (yessss! hehehe). I was a little critical because the mixture seemed a little bubbly, but everyone ended up loving them, so great job Tan!


To sum it all up - if you like baking there is no way you can go without getting this book! There is such a big variety of easy and very very delicious recipes, and I cannot wait to try them myself, and also for you to try them if you actually end up getting it! Well done, Tan!


What is your favourite baking book? What's your favourite baked bit? Are you more of the fruity or chocolaty type of cake person? I'd love to find out! :)

Have a great day! ♥


Love, Jacqueline Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment