Saturday 2 July 2016

20 Summer Activities You Should Try


Welcome to a new post!

I've been doing these little inspirational posts for the past two seasons, mentioning some activities to do when you are bored or feel like doing something else. As these seem to be quite popular on my blog, I thought it was time to do yet another one for Summer!

It's the season of hot temperatures (at least for most countries), ice cream, holidays, water and loads and loads of fun! But I feel like I keep repeating the same things all the time when I ain't got school. I end up spending the whole day in my pyjamas staring at my phone, but it's time to change that and do something.
If you feel like me, keep on reading, and I hope you're going to find some inspiration! :)


1) Host a picknick party

I mentioned having a picknick in my Spring version already, but I had to mention it again. This time I am talking about a picknick party though! I've been eyeing them up whenever started scrolling through Pinterest. It sounds like such a boring thing to do, but actually it's not only a little different to the usual summer party, but you can also try tons of different things! I'll leave my Pinterest acc HERE, so you can have a look. I really wish I could do this on my birthday. Please let me know if you end up having one - I'm jealous already! *-*


2) Read, read, read

Reading is probably one of the most relaxing things ever. At least that's what I feel like, and since Summer is all about that, it's the perfect time to do more of it! There are so many good books out there, and there is something for everyone. I'm currently reading Always with Love by Giovanna Fletcher, but I also think that Zoe Sugg's (Zoella) book club has such nice bits in it. If you are not sure what to read, go check that out or have a look on  GOODREADS. 

3) BBQ party

Yes, another party, but I personally think Summer is all about tons of amazing BBQs with my favourite people. There is nothing better than having a relaxed Sunday, prepping some salads and other stuff and then having a really good piece of meat or a bowl of roasted vegetables! Change it up, go get some friends over, make them each bring something to eat, get some drinks and have a good day! So simple, yet so fun!



4) Visit a theme park

This is a must for everyone that loves a little action. Funnily, I am not that kind of person but I still enjoy going there a lot. It's such a nice idea to have a day off from everything else going on. Grab some snacks, grab some friends, pick a park and have fun! That's how easy it is, and even if you don't go on many rides, you'll probably still have the best time. We've already got our trip planned, but what about you? ;)
Also - if you don't like big rides or you want to try something different go for a kids theme park! Yes I am serious, I cannot even tell you how much fun me and my friend had when we went a few months ago!

5) Go swimming

An absolute must when it's boiling hot outside. Me and my fam spend most of our freetime during the summer at the local public swimming pool, when we aren't going on a beachy holiday. You don't need a beach for that - even though I guess that would be even nicer! You can swim,  tan, relax, read, chat, sleep, play, work out - what else could you possibly want? You've got the biggest variety of activities to try!


6) Take pictures every day

Can you tell I like photography, because I seam to mention this point in a lot of these kind of posts. But there was no way I couldn't mention that in a Summer related blogpost! Summer is the time of the best lightning, good moods and fun times - it's THE time to snap your memories. Although, please do not spend the entire time with a camera or phone in front of your face - have a nice time!

7) Sleep outside

I don't mean sleeping on a street - obviously - but you could do this is your garden for example or even on your balcony. Why not try it on a trampoline as well or go camping (that also works in your garden, I used to love it as a kid!)? You'll wake up as soon as the sun rises, but you are out in the nature with fresh air all around you, probably leaving you with loads of energy when you get up. Though I'm crossing my fingers that it won't start raining when you try this haha :D!


8) Go on a bike trip

A bike trip is the perfect activity for days where it's a little cooler, or towards the late evening or early morning time, using the cooler air. You can workout, take up some vitamins, spend time outside and get energized at the same time. Why not go for breakfast or dinner. Me and my fam also love having a ride to an ice cream parlour just 6 km away from us. Why not try that as well (food has to be a motivation, right? - at least it worked with my brother :D)?

9) Have a bonfire

I love bonfires, especially at a nice location like a sea with tons of friends, good food and some drinks. It's a nice thing to do if you want to catch up with a smaller or bigger group, but still have a fun and twisting point to it. It's so chilly and cozy when it gets darker, it's so lovely!

10) Have a water ballon fight

Oh my god, remember having these when you were a kid? Please tell me you didn't miss out on that, because they are the best thing ever. To be fair there was a time when I did not like them as my friend liked annoying me with them, but now I'm pretty much back into completely loving them. I know they are a kids activity, but aren't we all just big kids anyway? I'm definitely having one of these this summer, and I really hope you're not going to miss out either!


11) Visit the beach

Not everyone has the opportunity to go on a beachy holiday, I get that. But that does not mean you have to miss out! Why don't know you make a day trip to a close one, or try a beach bar at a sea? I've recently been to a bar like that, and let me tell you, it was magical! If I could pick one place to relax and calm down after a stressy time, I'd always say the beach, because I personally feel like it's the most relaxing place ever. The sound of the waves, the smell, the sound of seagulls, bikinis, sun etc. There's plenty of alternatives to an actual beach if you can't visit one, try it out and let me know how it was :)


12) Watch a sunrise/sunset

This could either work with Nr. 7, or you could try something else. Maybe go to the beach or sit on your balcony? Go to a park or have an early morning picknick or even just open your window and let the sun rise or set right in front of your eyes. It's a lovely way to start or end the day, and it even looks pretty in pictures, especially in Summer. :)

13) Have a film marathon

Who doesn't love a good film or a good series? Why not have a film marathon then - or, if you prefer, a series version? Grab some good snacks, snuggle up, slide a DVD in or start Netflix and get going! Whether you prefer having this as a little party, with your partner alone, with some friends or your fam just to chill out or having it on your own. Have a good night!

14) Make a Summer playlist

I feel like this is a must for any music lover! There's nothing better than putting an up-lifting and summery playlist on to start your day and dance! And there is so much good music being published during the summer. You can listen to it everywhere and help you have a good day when you are feeling like poo. If you have any good songs to add, make sure to leave them down below to inspire us all! :)

15) Dance like no one's watching

This kinda goes with my last point, but I wanted to make a separate post anyway. Not caring about what other people think is something most people don't do a lot, but to be honest, we all need to learn that it doesn't matter. If you want to dance to that song or sing along out loud in the middle of the street - do it! They are going to stare but who cares? Let them stare and be jealous of you doing whatever you want and feel like doing! Go for it and have a dance!


16) Relax & enjoy

This is probably the thing for everyone that has got some time off of work or school that they are looking forward to the most, which is very likely the majority of people. You obviously need to find out what to do yourself in order to relax and enjoy, but there are plenty of opportunities! Visiting a beach, theme park, spending time in your own garden, reading a book, planting a few veggies or fruits - whatever it is, now is the time to do it and make the most out of Summer! Never forget, that it will be over again soon!


17) Find new places

Sometimes we all need to start thinking a little outside of the box. I know a lot of people that are bored of the places around them, as they feel like they've already seen everything. But if you think about it, there will always be somewhere you haven't been. You don't need to go overseas to see something new. Go on a little googling session and you'll find plenty of new places to visit and enjoy.

18) Make ice-cream

Summer is all about enjoying plenty of ice-cream, but why not make it yourself for once? Making your own popsicles is probably the easiest thing ever, and you've got so much stuff to work with! Grab a form and some fruits and either juice or water and get going! You can obviously also make actual ice-cream yourself, so go check out bloglovin' or Pinterest for that, and you'll get plenty of recipes.


19) Enjoy breakfast outside

Breakfast outside in the early morning sun is probably one of my favourite things, even though I do not enjoy getting up early at all. I don't know why, but it gives me so much energy to start a day. Why not make some pancakes or set out all of your favourite breakfast bits, carry them outside and sit in the sun to have a pretty, nice and relaxing start to the day? :)

20) Go on a hike

I'm definitely not a person that likes to hike, but if you've ever seen people hiking around summery L.A., you will highly likely get inspired to go on one yourself. Taking in vitamins and the sun, being out in the nature and having a workout at the same time - how great does that sound? And on a plus note, you'll feel amazing for doing it afterwards!



What are your plans for this summer? Are you going anywhere and are you planning on doing any of these things on the top? I'd love to find out!
Also, if there any posts you really want to see on this blog in the future, don't be shy and tell me, and I'll work my bum off ;D!

Have an amazing day and an incredible Summer! ♥


Love, Jacqueline Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment