Sunday 16 April 2017

8 Fantastic Films You Need To Watch

Happy Easter everyone!

I hope the Easter bunny has brought you some pretty things and a bunch of chocolate bunnies this morning. Most people aren't working today, so it's the perfect day to watch some good films. These aren't really Easter related, but I don't think it's that important to watch a film that fits the theme of the day...unless it's Christmas of course.

 The Last Song

One of my old time favourite films, and not just because it features Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth. This film tells the story of Ronnie, a "rebellious" teen who is forced to spend the Summer with her father, together with her little brother. She makes new friends and meets Will. She makes mistakes and has to realize quite a few things that Summer. Especially the end is heart-breaking, but it's honestly such a beautiful film.

 The Help

I only saw this film recently when it was on TV. I didn't expect much from it, especially because I had never heard of it before. There's a reason why this film has won Golden Globes and Oscars. I initially only watched it because I thought a story about a young girl wanting to become an author sounded really fascinating. I didn't realize until watching, that one of it's main topics is actually the racial segregation of the United States and the early starts of the civil rights movement. After talking about the civil rights movement and segregation in class, only a few months ago, I didn't think I enjoyed the topic that much, but this film portrays the events of the past really well in my opinion, and it's filled with emotions.

Camp Rock

If you are around my age, you probably know this film already. If you don't, I don't know where you've been. If you like music and a good teen film, this one's for you. If you like things like High School Musical, this one's for you. But be careful, you might become obsessed and at some point be able to repeat every single line, ever mentioned. Mitchie is off to spend the Summer at Camp Rock, together with her mother, who's going to cook there. She also meets a boyband, whilst there, and I don't think you need to know much more, do you? 😏

 Me Before You

Yes, okay, this is one for the romantics, that don't mind to shed a tear or a thousand. After loosing her job at the local cafĂ©, Lou is hired to take care of Will. Because of a motorcycle accident he has been paralyzed and has to sit in a wheel chair. Although he is pretty stubborn and rude at first, the two of them slowly get closer. But Will has a wish, one that Louisa is not fond of, at all. It's a story that breaks hearts, and it's really beautiful. It just might not be for you if you don't like a cringey romance.
 Love, Rosie

Sam Clafflin. Lily Collins. British Accents. Beautiful. Anything else needed to be said?  Basically, Rosie and Alex are best friends. They are planning to go away to university together, but Rosie finds out that she's pregnant, so she let's Alex leave, making him believe that she is going to follow him soon. However, she doesn't do so, and they slowly loose contact. They keep living their lives, he gets some girlfriends and goes to uni. One day he's standing at her door step though, because he's found out about the baby. Yeah, I'll leave the rest to you before I spoil everything. It's really beautiful, but again, probably not something for people that don't enjoy a little romance.
 If I Stay

Yes, okay, allow me this one last soppy romance please. I actually consider myself someone who doesn't enjoy these cringey romances too much, but somehow, when it comes to films, a few of my favourites actually are romances. Strange. Anyway, this story is about Mia, who is a passionate classical musician, and in a relationship with rockband singer Adam. One day her and her family get in a car accident, and she finds herself wandering around the hospital halls, being able to witness everything that is going on, but to the outside world, she is in coma. She has to make the decision, whether she wants to stay alive or move on. I'm not one to easily cry when it comes to films, but this one breaks hearts, because you can absolutely feel what Mia is feeling. Also, it has a few good music bits in there.

 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

My personal Easter watch, as I haven't seen it yet, which is a disaster for a Potterhead like me. Obviously, Harry Potter is also a good watch for Easter, but if you haven't seen this one yet, do it. I mean, apart from being a Harry Potter film, it also has Eddie Redmayne playing the protagonist, who has such a pretty accent - what else could you possibly want? Yes, okay, it's also got a nice plot, special effects, magic etc. (Sorry, just obsessed with British accents hehe.) A must see for any Potter fan, although I am only half way through the film as I am writing this.

Divergent

Last but not least, one of my all time favourites. For once, it's not a soppy romance - hope you're proud of me haha. It has some romantic aspects to it, but it's not the general focus of the story. It's a dystopian story, adapted from Veronica Roth's novel. If you like anything like Hunger Games, Maze Runner, The 5th Wave etc, this one is probably for you. Tris is a real badass once she has found her place in the dystopian community of Chicago, which has been split up into factions, each valuing different things. When she chooses the faction she wants to live in for the rest of her life, she starts changing, she has to start fighting, and not only for her faction future. I don't want to spoil too much. Please, watch it. This one is not just for woman, although I have to say, Tris is probably my favourite female protagonist.

~

I hope I was able to give you some inspiration on what to watch in the next two days. I know these are not really Easter themed, but I don't think that's that important at Easter, is it? What are some of your favourite films? Do you have a particular genre or topic, which you prefer, or do you just watch whatever floats your boat that day?

Have an amazing Easter, whatever you're doing ♥

Love, Jacqueline Xx


P.S. All rights for the pictures used above go to their owners! I do not claim any copyright for them! I do not use them to gain money, but for fun and inspiration only! Source links will follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment