Sunday 22 January 2017

Best of Women's March Posters


Welcome to a new post!

I had actually already been working on a blogpost, which was halfway done already when I got home to find all of my social media feeds spread with something else, that completely made me change my mind. I am really sorry if the sentences that are going to follow are a complete mess and really not that well written, but my creative juices somehow left me, even though I've got so many things to tell you.

Yesterday, millions of women, and even a huge bunch of men, from all over the globe decided to march for the protection of our rights and safety. Call it a march against a certain new President of the United States, if you want. Seeing so many people, who are all so different and probably have various different goals in life, coming together to fight for something like this, is truly breath-taking. If you went online yesterday, I don't think there could have been a way to not pass tons of pictures of the marches and posters.

I just think it's absolutely incredible what the human race can do, and what our society is capable of. Yes our generation is the one that apparently only cares about technology and nothing else, but if you take a deeper look at the events of yesterday, you will realize, that our generation is awake, and we know what we want.
We don't want to be thrown back into a society of over a hundred years ago. We have learned from the past, and we won't let someone like Donald Trump destroy those achievements that our ancestors, and even some of the people that were still marching along yesterday took so long to fight for. "We are all created equal." - so why should we let someone tear those voices down. We are equal, and we are strong, and all of us deserve to hold the same rights, no matter if our skin is dark or light, no matter what we believe in, no matter if we are a woman or a man, love men, women or both, no matter if we're a person with little money or a person with a lot of money.

You can become president and change things, but that doesn't mean that we won't fight against it. I am not American, I am German, and I am going to fight for this just as much as an American woman will, just as much as any other woman or man will do from all over the globe that doesn't want to give up any of her or his rights.

 I'd like to quote Michelle Obama here and say: "When they go low, we go high!". So that is what we are going to do. This man will not only try and change things in the US, but with that he will have an impact on the rest of the world too, and we can't allow him to do anything to take away our rights and our lives.
We deserve what society has fought for for many years, and we won't let anyone take that away from us!

And to celebrate this, here are my favourite posters from yesterday's marches.


I don't think there's anything else needed to be said. I am so proud and happy that all of these people took part in the march. And even the people like me, who weren't able to go to any march, we were all with you. Everyone deserves the same rights.

Have a good week ♥

Love, Jacqueline Xx


P.S. All rights for the pictures used above go to their rightful owners. I do not claim any rights for them. I do not use them for any gain of money but for to raise awareness and inspire!

No comments:

Post a Comment