Wednesday 10 August 2016

Shopping it Back To School


Welcome to a new post!

As I'm writing this, I am nearly half way through my Summer break, whilst other people are already back in school. Every year again, I get more exited about buying new stationary bits for school than anything. I also love seeing people's hauls, and I'm probably not the only one, so I thought I would tell you all about the stuff that I got. I apologize if this ends up being totally boring...you won't seen any other one's for another year from now on haha :)


Now that it's time for the year before I do my A-levels, there's obviously going to be a lot more important stuff happening that we need to keep, especially in our advanced courses, which is why I got myself a new big folder for all of my stuff. All my other ones are literally full, so I guess it was kinda necessary...and I loved the cherry red colour as well to be honest :D.

Then I got myself a lined exercise book, though I will probably have to get a few other ones. I will try my best to put all of the stuff for the books we're going to read inside these things. I only got one for now, as so far I am only having to read To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

Next is a divider - I hope that is the actual translation - as I feel like they are a lot better than having to go through tons and tons of pages that are the same length and height until you find the subject you're looking for. Might have to get a second one though...too many subjects..:D


I also got a little A5 ring binder notebook. Not because I need it, but because I really like writing important stuff and ideas down in one place, but my school's homework planner doesn't really have enough space, even for my homework. I thought this would be a nice idea, as I needed a new notebook anyway.

According to my translater there is no actual translation in English - I would basically call it a vocabulary book. I got two of these - one for English, one for Spanish. I wouldn't usually get one for English, but as we are going to learn a lot more and harder vocabs in the next two years in the advanced course, I thought it would make sense to get one this year.


Next some neon coloured sticky notes. I've been loving to use them over the past year, especially for To-Do-Lists - Germany also doesn't sell a lot of pretty stationary bits like that anyway, so I had to get something else.

What I've found to be an essential over the past year, is a pocket hole punch - YES, thinks like that actually exist! I find nothing more frustrating than trying to be organized for the first few months in school and teachers just keep on giving you papers without holes, ready to be put into your folder. This is a life saver - sorry, I get a little nerdy from time to time :D.

Last but not least, A5 sized index cards, as I usually get them a size smaller which can be quite annoying when you've got bigger topics from time to time.


I also got a few new  pens, as I can be a little picky with the way they write, as well as one that you can erase (best thing ever!). As my yellow highlighters are all black after the past few months, I also got a new one of those.

I love using glittery pens when decorating DIY presents or writing cards, but recently my ones had grown so old and dead, it was time to get a new package. I told my mum to get that set at Lidl, and she literally came back with 30 pens haha. Well, now I've got 30 instead of 10 - not going to complain though :D.


I also had to get a few other bits, just like disinfaction spray - another essential at our school, especially when it comes to the girl's toilets. You know the struggle of dissapearing hair ties, so it was time to get a new one of that as well. Last but not least, a new waterproof mascara. I usually don't buy from L'oreal, for a few reasons, but Ms Danielle Peazer has been talking about it for the past few weeks, so I thought I'd give it a go, as my other mascaras are used up anyway hehehehe :D.


Last but not least, my homework which I only just finished last night, as I am writing this - To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, including Annotations and Additional Background Material. I really liked it, even if it's a school related book, and I'm glad I finally got round to reading it. I'll soon have another book related post going up, featuring a small review, so watch out for that. ;)



I'm going to be redecorating the boring front pages in the next few weeks before school starts, and I'm thinking about showing you the finished products. Let me know if you would like to see that, as I absolutely love doing that, instead of sitting around with the same boring folders and notebooks as everyone else.

Don't forget to let me know, what you are most exited about, if you are going back to school? Yes, I know, it's kind of boring and annoying, but I am pretty sure all of us got a reason why it ain't as bad as we always say. :)

Have a great day ♥

Love, Jacqueline Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment