Monday 21 March 2016

Mon Coeur - A Bracelet For Education

 Welcome to a new post!

I'm so sorry it has been a while since I last posted, even though I promised I would be pre-writing blogposts! I actually did do that...I just simply posted them on the next few blogpost days after I had written them, instead of keeping them for the stressy times. Sorry :| . Now that my maths exam is finally over, I've got more time to focus on different things, at least till the next exam sessions in May and June. So let's see how that goes, I better not promise anything again...:D.

I first heard about Mon Coeur and their bracelets when a German youtuber that I tend to watch from time to time mentioned it in some of her videos, since she is an ambassador, and also went to South Africa to see their work. If anyone is actually wondering, her youtube is Madame Tam Tam. It seemed to be a really nice idea, that they were selling bracelets for education for children in poor families. 
I didn't really look at it that much though until she travelled their, and I actually saw what they were working on. Yes, I have to admit, I am a person that easily gets grabbed by things like that and wants to help. That sometimes might not be the best characteristic, but other times it is. 
We've been talking about Making A Difference in English class for the past few weeks, which really made me think a lot more about these kinds of things than I already did. That was also the time that I saw that video of her travelling there, and the time that I decided that I wanted to get one of their bracelets.

The organisation 'Ein Band für Bildung e.V.' is managed by a few German people which are really passioned about education for children, especially in South Africa. Every bracelet is made by families in townships close to Cape Town in South Africa. Instead of showing tons of pictures of miserable looking children on their website, they are going for simplicity. They are rather focusing on their actual work for better education by raising funds and selling their bracelets.

The bracelet costs around 10€, fees beeing added on top of that. 1€ of the bracelet is being paid to the family or refugees that made it, and the rest of it is completely going towards education in South Africa. Places for that are being picked by the people of Mon Coeur themselves, making sure that the school or kindergarten for example, is actually in need of help.

If you want to find out more about the bracelet itself, there's a little video on the Mon Coeur website. If you want to buy a bracelet yourself or you want to find out more, click HERE to be leaded to the website of Mon Coeur.

For anyone that wants to see them actually working, here is also Madame Tam Tam's vlog from South Africa. It's in German, but if you speak German or it doesn't bother you that you don't understand what they are saying, go have a watch.



You can make a difference, by doing small things like purchasing a wristband. How amazing is that? I even bought my friend one for her birthday, so it's also a really nice idea if you want to give some jewellery to any of your friends.

 
I hope I was able to give you a little glimpse into the work that they do with Mon Coeur, and that you liked this blogpost. Let me know what you thought of it, please. :)

Have a great day! ♥

Love, Jacqueline Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment