Sunday 20 January 2019

1 SIMPLE STEP TO MORE POSITIVITY IN 2019



We all know it. We all feel it. There are multiple points in the year where everything just seems to be going wrong and life just seems to constantly be shit to you.

Many people try loads of different 'Moments of Gratefulness' projects throughout the year, but as much as I find them intriguing, I just don't feel like they work for me because I just can't pull through with them. It's a great idea though. Finding something to be grateful for every day can in fact make you take the things and people in your life a lot less for granted. So if that works for you, keep doing it. If you want to start doing it, start doing it. You can try adding my tip on top of that, or do it completely on its own, or not at all. No one's forcing you to in the end. This is just what I have found to be working better for me.

Inspired by that, a random thought popped into my mind as I started setting up my brand new bullet journal for the following year or two. Having had a year that equaled more sort of a rollercoaster ride than a straight-forward timeline to the future, I often felt myself thinking it was a completely terrible year, and there was barely anything positive about it. When in fact, that just wasn't true. There are plenty of wonderful moments in the year, we just seem to tend to often mainly focus on the bad when looking back after having had a rough year.

This year, whilst focusing on wanting to make this year a hell of a lot better in general than the last one, particularly on a mental note, I have come up with an idea to become a hell of a lot more positive about every-day life in 2019, and the good things that happen to us on a daily-basis.


So here's my idea, if you want to try it..

Every day before you go to bed or once you've woken up the next morning, sit down with your notebook, bullet journal, whatever you want. Write the date down and then write down at least one good moment about that day. Whether it was going to an awesome concert or just having a nice phone call to catch up with a friend, or even just having a nice smoothie or sleeping in. Even if your day was terrible, find something in it that was positive about it. Sometimes it can be hard, but looking back, I can assure you, that it makes the day seem a lot less dull than you thought it was. Personally, I prefer short little bullet points, but you can obviously do it however you like.

And if you're as lazy as me and can barely keep a journal for a full week, this is also a great  opportunity to keep some sort of track of the things that you did. So far, this is working much better for me than writing in journals. I don't think I've ever managed to journal for a full 20 days in a row. Who knows, it could work for you too.

Try it. Change it. Don't try it. Let me know what you think. Is there any other way you try and see the positive in every day and track it?

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone. ♥


Outfit:
> Blouse: Bershka
> Jeans: GAP
> Boots: ASOS 

Location:
> Redemption Bar in Shoreditch, London

*not sponsored 

P.S. Let's ignore my writing and grammar in that picture up there please, I hadn't thought of posting it anywhere when I wrote that so didn't really give grammar too much thought. Oopsie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment