Monday 7 March 2016

Lip Newbies by Essence


 Welcome to a new post!

Just before Spring and just before Autumn German drugstore brands usually renew their make-up product line. As it's the beginning of March and spring will hopefully be meeting us soon, this recently happend, and I also found myself in the drugstore obviously.

I don't think I've ever heard many people outside of german speaking areas talk a lot about the brand called 'essence'. It definetely is a pretty cheap drugstore brand, but for that price you usually get quite good quality. If you are just starting to get into make-up but don't want to spend much money, this one might be for you. I'm pretty sure that they also sell essence in the UK and some other european countries.


When I saw their new lip products I immediately had to think about the NARS ones, and had to pick something up for the very little price of 1,95€ each. I did end up picking up the wrong one's, instead of the ones I intended to get from pictures I had seen on Instagram, but I still thought I would give you a little review about them. 



The first thing I picked up is the Glossy Stick in the shade '01 Radiant Rose'. The packaging looked really cute and colour looked quite like something I could wear every day. I actually thought this might turn out to look a bit like a Kylie Jenner colour on the lips but I was completely wrong. 

Firstly the application takes quite some time and building until you can actually see something on your lips. It definetely feels just like a lipbalm once it's on, which is quite nice if you don't want a heavy feeling. The colour though isn't what I thought it would look like. It actually looks quite peachy when you swatch it on your hand, but at least on my own lips it turned out a kind of light lilac tone which looks really weird. It doesn't really stay on that long or moisturizes loads, but I guess you can't expect that from a product this cheap.

I do however think, that as a lipbalm and maybe in a different shade this could actually be a nice something to use if you want something light. 


The other thing I picked up is the Mini Sheer Lipbalm in the shade '03 chubby berry'. I wanted something a bit darker to contrast the other colour and try something different to it. 
Turns out it is even more sheer than it actually says but I think that might be a general essence product problem to be honest. The colour isn't anything like the packaging. It actually is really pinkish and looks quite glittery put on, which majes it appear like one of those colours you would have worn when you were like 10 maybe 12.

I personally wouldn't wear that colour out during every day wear, just because it's really not my type od colour to be honest. If you just want a little pop of colour though and nothing major, this might still be for you. 



I hope enjoyed this quick make-up related post. Can't wait to show some more spring related stuff on here soon, as it's my absolute favourite time of the year! :) 

Leave me some suggestions for new posts as well!

Have a great day and week! ♥

Love, Jacqueline Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment