Friday 30 October 2015

Chatting: Autumn Fashion


Welcome to a new post!

Especially if you are a blogger, you will probably know these moments when you just want to sprinkle something out of your fingers about a certain topic. Most times these are inspirational and quite personal topics. I love reading this type of blogposts, and thought I'd start a little series, where I can just chat to you about certain topics that are on my mind. I hope you're okay with that.

Today's topic is actually not really that inspirational as I would usually make these posts, but I thought I would talk about it anyway. You will probably have already read in the title already, that this post will be about Autumn fashion.

I am someone who goes through a lot of phases, which means that one day I will be really passionated about fashion for example and the next one all I will think about is wether I should go vegan or not. I just love so many things, today is defintely one of those fashion days, though. 
I could just spend the whole day trying to create different looks with the pieces in my wardrobe, or surfing through the internet for inspiration and also new clothes and accessoires. I would probably be broken though, if I would always order what I pop into my basket. We all know that feeling, don't we?

At the beginning of Spring I said that Spring fashion is my favourite one, because it all suddenly gets colourful again, and the weather finally gets nicer, but it isn't too hot either. I just honestly love Spring.
But now that it's Autumn I have also really found my love again for cozy and autumnal clothes. I guess I just prefer the seasons where there is a bigger change in the weather, for some reason.

I love going through weheartit at the moment and just looking at what other people wear. I used to hate Autumn fashion, because I always felt like you didn't have much variation in what to wear. But to be honest, I now know that I just wasn't really confident or adventurous with the things that I got. I would literally wear the same 5 outfits until it was Spring, even though I hated it. 
Now I am much more confident with my style, and I have started wearing a lot of things that a few years ago, I never would've thought that I would ever wear or put together a certain outfit. Now I just love mixing the pieces that I own, and I sometimes spend 2 hours picking out things of my wardrobe, trying on different pieces in different variations, to see if I could wear that. I honestly love doing that. It just so sattisfying when you notice how much you can actually do with a wardrobe, that seems to be so boring and with the problem of 'no clothes', when there's actually plenty of them that can be pared together and make a really nice outfit.

If you feel like you are bored of the pieces that are in your wardrobe, I want you to get up after you've finished reading this post, put on some music, and then either search the internet for inspiration first or, you go straight to your wardrobe. In the back of your mind keep the things that you usually wear at the moment, and now have a look at the things that you keep not wearing, but still keep because you like them or used to like them. Just give it really deep thoughts, and look at every single piece that you own. The stuff that you think might not work well at with each other, might end being your next favourite outfit! Try on as many outfits as you can, until you have found a few new outfits out of the once 'boring' stuff in your wardrobe. This might take some time, but let me tell you, it is worth it! Don't do this to procrastinate while studying though...:P

Autumn fashion has a very different colour theme compared to Spring for example. Mustard, brown, red, burgundy, olive, black, grey, beige...all colours that express a warm feeling when you look at them. Black and grey are great colours, but try being a bit more experimental. That's what I have told myself this year, and suddenly my wardrobe has gone from being nearly completely dark colours, to a more than half-full of colours one. I now love wearing differnt colours, and I am so exited to go shopping soon to get me some new autumnal pieces, since I didn't really have time for that yet.
I personally love dark reds and purples, apart from black and grey of course, in Autumn, but I am also really desperate to try mustardy and rosty things. I just really want to be more experimental, and wear more of the things that I honestly think look nice. 
I'll sometimes stroll through a city, or even in school, and just stare at people with nice outfits. I then think, I really wish I had their style. But you know what, all we have to do is get out there and go for it. If you usually only wear jumpers and jeans, but you really want to wear a skirt and a leather jacket, but you don't feel confident enough to do it, I dare you to now either get these things out of your wardrobe or order them if you don't own them, and wear them tomorrow. Just go for it. Be experimental. Try new things. Just don't forget to be you whilst doing that.
If you like a certain person's style, that's amazing, but don't completely copy them and wear whatever they wear, even though you might not feel confindent and like yourself in everything. Put your own touch to it, even if it's just wearing converse instead of some fancy shiny Chelsea boots. 

My favourite places to look at for clothing are probably H&M, ASOS, Forever 21, Mango, Brandy Melville, Topshop, Boohoo and Primark. But I also really like trying out new brands, or going back into shops that I haven't been in for years. You might fall in love with it, even though you never thought you would. The most boring looking shop, might be your new favourite one. Try out new things.

I feel like this has gone from being about Autumn fashion to fashion in general a bit, but I hope you'll forgive me. If you would like to see some autumnal looks, or outfits from other people that I got inspired by or something similar. Let me know. I will do my best to make whatever wish you have become reality! 

I hope you liked this kind of post!

Also let me know, what your Top 3 Autumn fashion essentials are, and if you have any ideas what I could call this series :)


Love, Jacqueline Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment