Friday 27 May 2016

TOP 5 Lip Lovings


Welcome to a new post!

I felt like I haven't done a beauty related post in ages, so I thought it was the time to. Personally, the two parts I love most about my make-up routine is eyeshadow and lip products. I feel like I have exactly five colours out of all my make-up that I keep on using, talking about lip products, which is why we're talking my TOP 5 lip products today. I personally love natural lips the best, and I'd rather invest in a good lipstick than a lipgloss, as I am not really a fan of my hair getting stuck on my lips 24/7. So that is exactly what I have been trying to do for the past year, instead of buying tons of cheap stuff that ends up not being properly worth it.


MAC 'Syrup'

This is the lipstick that was supposed to be my first ever high end and MAC lipstick, but actually ended up being my second, as it was literally ALWAYS sold out. It ended up being one of the best purchases I did, and the voucher money was definitely spend wisely! Even though it is much more sheer than the creamy ones that I usually swatch, it still comes out looking so pretty on the lips! It's a Lustre finish, and quite a natural colour. I'd describe it as a natural pinky shade, slightly shimmering, but being the perfect mix between noticeable and absolutely natural shaded. You have to reapply it a little more often than Satin finishes, but it disappears quite evenly. If you prefer rose toned, natural lip colours like I do, this is the colour for you to go with.


Fleur de Force ' 020 Written in the Stars'

I knew I wanted this lipgloss straight away when Fleur announced her beauty line, and I am so happy I asked for this for my birthday. As I already mentioned, I am not really the biggest fan of lipgloss, but this one has blown me away. The consistency is so lovely. I feel like it's more of a sticky lip stain, because it stays on that long. It looks like a lipgloss, but literally feels like a lipstick as long as you aren't walking through a storm throwing your hair around. But not just the consistency, but also the colour. It's a really pretty inbetween a rosy and peachy shade. It's another natural colour, but the fact that it's glossy makes it go all boom out on your lips. If you want a natural peachy, pinky shade that is still nicely noticeable, and don't care that it's a little sticky at the beginning, check this one out!


MAC 'Brave'

This is actually the lipstick that I bought instead of 'Syrup' at the beginning, since it was sold out, but Brave was right behind it on my wishlist. This is another natural shade, really pretty for every day wear, even to school. It's a Satin finish, making it quite long lasting compared to Syrup. It's a little warmer than that one though, and a bit more browney-pinky toned than rosy toned. The colour stays on your lips for quite  a while, but I've been noticing that when I'm drinking a lot there's only a weird looking patch on my bottom lip left. But all in all still a great lipstick - otherwise I wouldn't be showing it to you in this post ;)


Urban Decay ' Rush'

This colour is actually quite similar to Brave, and it wasn't even the colour I was meant to buy - cheers to the people at the counter giving the wrong names to the lipsticks! However, I actually really like this colour. It's slightly more lilac toned than Brave, but there's not much of a difference. I feel like the biggest difference is actually how it feels on your lips. I feel like this one is a little more smooth on my lips, so whenever I feel like putting something a little more moisturizing on my lips I'll go for Rush rather than Brave.


Tanya Burr 'Enchanted Forest'

I always wanted this colour but never bought it because I thought I would never wear it and it wouldn't be worth the money, until I found it on Amazon for 5€. I have actually not been wearing it that often, however I absolutely love it. It's a little more noticeable than my other favourites, as it is a darker pinkish shade - perfect, especially for the colder seasons! It doesn't always go on that well, and it can look a little patchy from time to time, but put over a lipstick, you don't even notice it anymore. It's a really lovely consistancy, and even if it's a little sticky, it isn't the biggest hair-catcher, if you want to call it something :D.




I'm always looking for some new lip inspiration. What are some of your favourite lip products? Tell me, I'd love to find out! :)
Have a great day ♥


Love, Jacqueline Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment