Saturday 11 June 2016

A writer, a laptop and a midnight


Welcome to a new post?

Get a bowl and put in a writer, then add one laptop, a slice of music, and sprinkle with some midnight writing vibes. And there you have the perfect recipe for a midnight writing session.

I don't think I've been properly talking about my love for writing on this blog, yet when I didn't know what post to do today, I found this script that I had started writing in the middle of the night after I'd kidnapped my brother's laptop. I actually think it sounds quite good compared to what I usually write when I start a new story.
I hadn't planned on writing this at all, but the story kinda flew in my head in the middle of the night, and I had to start writing. That's what usually happens in moments when I should be sleeping or studying. Writer problems, I guess.

I thought for today's post I'd give you a little insight into my writing. I don't usually write stories in English for some reason, but somehow ended up doing this one in English. Please keep in mind that my grammar might not be the best in the middle of the night. I don't know if I'll ever keep on writing on this story, but who knows what might happen. It's not a lot either even though I had more ideas, but I guess a girl has got to prioritize her sleep on a school night. 

Make sure to leave me a little review what you think so far, and if I did keep on writing whether you would like to see more of it or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)



And suddenly, when our eyes crossed, it was as if I was finally free. As if everything single stone on my chest that had been dragging me down finally fell off of me. The world around us stood still. Our eyes focused on each other, the outside – faded. We both knew it was wrong, terribly wrong. Yet, we weren't able to stop. A bond seemed to have occured out of the middle of nowhere, holding us together like an umbilical cord a mother and it's growing baby. In that moment, I never would have even guessed in my farest dreams what would soon be coming. I never would have guessed, that one day I would find out that the world as I knew it, was only half the cup of truth. If I only I would have known, that only days after this awkwardly, beautiful meeting, my life would smash and crumble out of all it's angles.



It was the day past graduation. Everyone seemed to have left before the morning rise, because when I awoke, our small, antique, German village was so silent. I felt the emptiness creeping through my veines.
Summer. Six weeks full of freedom. Weeks without nasty schoolwork and annoying school mates. I didn't even want to start thinking about the after. University was never something I'd looked forward to, yet it felt like my only choice. I'd never been one of those extremely intelligent people, and whenever I heard a teacher yell my name, I would basically crumble up in my chair and pretend not to exist. To be honest – I hated school. I hated it even more than I hated my fake friends.
But if I would've only started to demand anything else than a university degree after my graduation to my dad, he would have killed me. Not literally of course, but still.



It was almost midday when I finally managed to drag myself out of bed, and almost stood on a big fat patch of orange wool. The patch hissed angrily at me, before it stood up and strangled out of the room. I yawned. One day that cat would get itself killed by it's habitat of choosing the most unfitting sleeping spots.

The sky was clear, making space for the sun to warm up the country. My parents were still at work, creating the perfect opportunity to grab my stuff and finding a good spot to photograph.
I had the perfect plan for a whole summer related folder, which I would hopefully be able to secretly hand in, to receive an internship with one of my favourite artists in Paris. If I wouldn't at least try to fight for it, I'd regret not trying one day, no matter what my parents view on it was.
All they kept telling me was that I had to go to university in order to receive an amazing job afterwards, and earn more money than I could ever get hold of otherwise. They kept telling me how hard they'd work in order to make my dreams come true and provide me with a good future, yet for me these dreams I was fulfilling, where only expectations I had to achieve. They were my parents dreams, not mine.



My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the sound of the door bell. Immediately I crouched behind the kitchen counter. I wasn't in the mood to socialize, neither to be confronted with the weird talk that went through town, by one of Mama's strange tea companions.
The most recent talk was about all sorts of weird catastrophes happening around the world. Cyclones in Bangladesch, hurricanes all along the european coasts, red rain in London, cat floodings in Albuqerque. The list went on and on and on, but neither of them wanted to believe that these were probably the consequences of climate change.
I'd already given up talking to them months ago, when they talked about a former classmate of mine from Primary school, Miles Parany, who they thought had vanished because a bat had kidnapped him. Sometimes I truly wondered, why they weren't getting any professional help. It was mental.



When I was sure that enough time had passed for the person to be gone, I hurried upstairs and grabbed my bag. I threw in a few bugs as well, since I was too lazy to make myself some proper breakfast. I'd rather get myself something on the way in one of the old bakeries along the main road.

They'd been existing for over three centuries, and still going strong. At least there was one thing that we'd kept from the good old 21st century and it's technology. The bakery bits had been the best food in town for many years now, after the bombs had destroyed most of our reservations. I've only once seen something as a Schnitzel or Sunday Roast, and that was in my textbook in school.

Whilst I was strolling along the roads through town, history always repeated itself in my mind. I don't think I would ever be able to forget those times. How could I, with it taking up most of my childhood years?



It actually looks a lot less on here than in my document, but I guess I got to live with that. I hope you enjoyed to have a little bit of different post today. I'd love to hear your opinions, and also whether you would like to hear more about my writing on this blog. :)
Have a great day ♥


Love, Jacqueline Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment